WELCOME BATCH OF 2019-20
It was a wonderful day on campus as we welcomed our First Year students on campus. The inaugural session has been a long standing tradition at I²IT and in keeping with the same; we were honoured to have with us Dr. Deepak Shikarpur who gave the inaugural address.
The event started with lighting the I²IT Vidya Jyoti followed by felicitating the Chief Guest. Aruna M Katara, President, Hope Foundation and Research Centre did the honours of welcoming Dr. Shikarpur and felicitating him with a token of our appreciation. Dr. Vaishali Patil, Principal, I²IT addressed the new students and their parents and spoke about what parents and students can expect on this journey of the next four years which will eventually make them good professionals. Mrs Aruna M Katara welcomed her “new friends” – the students of this batch and shared insights into what college life should be and how to envision their professional and personal life with goals, determination and beliefs.
The chief guest – Dr. Shikarpur presented an interesting and engaging view to the aspiring professionals. He spoke about what the future of technology is going to be and advised students to align themselves not to be prepared to re-engineer themselves to keep up with changing technologies.
The academic toppers of A.Y. 208-19 were lauded with prizes and certificates. They were
1. Suraj Tandel – 10.00 CGPA – Information Technology
2. Ishali Jadhav – 9.78 CGPa – Computer Engineering
3. Nachiket Patil – 9.76 CGPA – Computer Engineering
4. Lavish Gupta – 9.52 CGPA – Information Technology
5. Anurag Sanghvi – 9.44 CGPA – Information Technology
6. Pooja Hiremath – 9.66 CGPA – Computer Engineering
7. Utkarsh Shastrakar – 9.58 CGPA – Electronics & Telecommunication
8. Bhavini Patil – 9.48 CGPA – Inforamtion Technology
9. Kritika Singh – 9.34 CGPA – Electronics & Telecommunication
Happy Learning at I²IT!!
On 3 August 2019 some I²IT students and a couple of staff members went trekking to Visapur (Malavali). One of the breathtakingly beautiful treks near Pune, the trip is best enjoyed in the monsoons. With mesmerizing greenery, the team enjoyed the visit to the fortress, the ponds and most importantly the heavy gush of anti-gravity waterfall (caused due to heavy winds from the gorge).
What a beautiful way to spend the weekend!