- Roles & Responsibilities
- Minutes of Meetings
- Activities & Initiatives
- Manual / Format / Guidelines
- Audit Reports
- NIRF Reports
- Academic Calendars
The following are the roles and responsibilities carried by coordinator IQAC:
- • To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- • To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- • To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution
- • To coordinate in preparation of the Report to be submitted to accreditation body based on the quality parameters.
- • To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
The IQAC will be the internal mechanism for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the institute. It will be a facilitative and participative organ, which becomes a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality. Its initiatives will be directed towards future and will rely on the transformation model of change by creating the necessary organizational culture.
The core responsibilities of IQAC will include the following:
- • IQAC will work towards standardization of activities and processes and strive for continuous improvements in standards and their achievement.
- • It will promote measures for institutional functioning towards continuous quality enhancement through quality culture and establishment of best practices.
- • It will help to develop a sound basis for decisions required for improving institutional functioning and the building of an organized methodology of documentation
- • It will establish procedures and modalities to collect data and information on various aspects of institutional functioning for enabling easier and faster decision making
- • It will seek to achieve quality improvement by focusing on human resource development through education and training, which will help people do their job better.
- • It will enhance quality awareness within the institution and establish the credibility for external accreditation.
- • It will also work towards ensuring heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- • It will bring about greater coordination among various departments and activities of the institution and institutionalization of all good practices
- • IQAC will coordinate the creation of an exclusive window on the college website to regularly inform the stakeholders about all its initiatives and make available all the relevant, reports, documents, templates and data.
Besides shouldering the broad responsibilities, IQAC will also be responsible for specific functions required to respond to internal and external stakeholders.
The following are some of the specific functions focused on internal stakeholders:-
- • IQAC will facilitate the development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters/templates for the various academic activities of the institute and compile these in to a quality manual, which is easily accessible to everyone
- • IQAC will facilitate the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- • IQAC will coordinate the organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes;
- • IQAC will coordinate the arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- • IQAC will coordinate the proper documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
- • IQAC will act as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- • IQAC will conduct Periodical Academic Audit and its follow-up
- • IQAC will coordinate development and maintenance of a management information database for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
The following are some of the specific functions focused on external stakeholders:-
- • IQAC will prepare the Quality Assurance Report covering all the quality parameters/assessment criteria prescribed any accreditation body and submit these to all the concerned supervisory bodies after due approval by the Governing Body .